These capitalisation documents take up the information given by the San Juan member in Ecuador, and are aimed at parents (and professionals) on the role of the family in supporting a child with a disability. The documents take particular account of COVID-19 and suggest activities and routines to be carried out at home.
Objectives of the documents:
“Role of the family and the child with learning difficulties and/or disability”.
– To provide information on the medical management of a child with a disability during confinement.
– To explain therapeutic intervention through teletherapy and the importance of routines.
– To guide parents on managing the behaviour of children with and without disabilities and the family during confinement.
“My child, my mirror”, “Boundaries, containment in crisis”.
– To make parents aware of the crucial influence of their personality and their way of raising on the integral development of their children.
– To reflect on how boundaries and routines are one of the most important foundations for the safe growth of children and adolescents.
SYNTHESIS SUPPORT GROUP
– To provide a virtual and interactive space where parents can share their experiences, feeling the trust and support of others.
– Discover internal tools that allow them to strengthen themselves to continue parenting as resilient beings.